I’ve been talking to Jules about building a robot with him this year, and tonight I found this neat kit on Aliexpress: less than $100AUD, Arduino-based and with enough complexity for the two of us to have some fun building and programming it. It looks a little like WALL-E, which is a toy he has been playing with consistently for the last week, and I figure we can even make and decorate a cardboard shell for the little guy (he loves making stuff out of cardboard).
Ultrasonic distance sensors, looks like infrared, RC via Bluetooth and a Scratch-like programming language. Could be a great little ‘bot!’
- Motor parameters: 6V, 150rpm/min.
- Motor control by L298P driver shield with power switch.
- Equipped with Bluetooth wireless module, can remotely control the robot after pairing with mobile phone Bluetooth. Only support Android system.
- With IR receiver module, pairing infrared remote control to control the tank robot.
- With Photocell module, detecting the light intensity on both sides of tank robot to control the tank robot.
- With the ultrasonic module, measuring the distance between the obstacles and tank robot.
- Can access to external 7~12V power supply; match various sensor modules to realize various functions according to your imagination.
- Providing the Mixly software and test code, easy to play and simple.