The Otway Coast comprises a popular beach and national park section of the Great Ocean Road on the south-eastern coast of Australia between the Victorian cities of Lorne and Apollo Bay. The townships on the Otway Coast are: Separation Creek, Wye River, Kennett River, Wongara and Sugarloaf.This coast seems to have two essential features that we love: mountains and ocean. Our plan is for Dee to run an eco farm-stay somewhere along the Great Ocean Road, while I figure out what to do with Hack Street.
"Little House" — Eco Kit Home
- 2BR eco-friendly kit home
- 1 ensuite, 1 main bathroom
- walk-in robe in 1BR
- "green wall" for herbs near kitchen
- large covered/coverable deck/sun-room (think "potting shed" at Grounds of Alexandria)
- vegetables — maybe in-ground greenhouse
- herb wall (see above)
- beer crops (hops, barley)
- assorted fruit trees
Hack Street — Office
- A shipping container (or something like it).
- A full-frame window at one end, looking out to the ocean.
- 1 or 2 standing (adjustable) desks
- Dual Retina® displays
- Ceiling-mounted/adjustable/pull-down power-boards
- Floor to ceiling cabinets
- with open shelves for toys/action-figures (for fidgeting)
- A minibar fridge (milk, water)
- A mini-rack
- Slide-out HA computer
- Ceiling strip lighting, using RGB LEDs.
- Couch, coffee table with slide-out game-board drawers.
- Arcade pedestal against the other end
- controls for MAME
- cupboard for PS4, XBox
- shelf for controllers, light gun, whatever
"Grandma's Place" — Farm Cottage #1
- 1BR wooden farm house w/ wooden siding
- verandah / stoop with rocking chair
- small vegetable garden
- single car-port
- water tank
"Grandpa's Place" — Farm Cottage #2
- 2BR wooden farm house w/ wooden siding
- as per Grandma's Place above
"Big House" — Our 'Finally' Home
- Standing benches
- Plumbed (for toilets, wash-basin, beer brewing)
- Soldering/electronics station
- 3D printer
- Motorcycle repair stand
- Brick walls
- Gantry for storage
- Leather couch
- Idea: get a liquor-license, then run a sometimes-bar for our guests
- Baofeng radios in cars, motorcycle helmet, house?