R. Buckminster Fuller, “the planet's friendly genius” was an architect and engineer who used his life as “…an experiment, to find what a single individual [could] contribute to changing the world and benefiting all humanity.” Reading his Critical Path whilst at University was transformative for me. He remains one of the archetypes of a human being I would like to emulate, as greatly simplified below (characteristics and capabilities), with appropriate strategies as well as measures/milestones that will let me know I'm moving in the right direction.
- Cycle (or run) to and from work every day for a week
- Write an article on Medium
- Write on glennji.com every week for 2 months
- Complete the Whole30 programme
- Design and build something