Sure, why not: we have to start somewhere, don’t we?
(My current personal development project, and perhaps an interesting read, is “How to become a Superman”.)
These hyperlinked notes are a form of intelligence augmentation modelled on my own neural network. They include a whole bunch of different, interrelated information that could be interesting — to me, at least: exploring and editing may help me discover new connections and relationships I wouldn’t find on my own.
Topics of extreme interest to an enlightened man
- philosophy and psychology
- economics and anthropology
- history, religion/theosophy & alchemy
- science & mathematics
- information processing (systems analysis, compression, cryptography)
- memetics and information society (privacy, ethics, intellectual property)
- programming & information-processing
- operating systems
- human augmentation (& productivity)
- artificial intelligence
- cybernetics, human-computer interaction and user experience
Whilst each of these seems to be immensely interconnected (to me), perhaps it is only so in my mind. Nevertheless, it is worth investigating each and “plugging it in” to my particular (peculiar?) neural network.
(Nota bene: I’ve been writing and rewriting these notes for a long time, and across media — from Tomboy on Linux and Windows (although I never could get Macboy working well) to a Tiddlywiki, Workflowy to Evernote and now here. There’s lots of lists without context, pages with barely formed thoughts, some content stolen verbatim from Wikipedia. I’ve also mixed up original research with planning, so there’s not a great separation of concerns just yet. But everything is a work in progress, all the time!)