I’m a hacker and scientist on a mission: to change my body composition from > 30% body-fat to a lean, mean living machine. My genetics seem favourable: I put on fat quickly, but I put on muscle relatively easily too — so I just need to form habits and patterns that will support the latter rather than the former.
That, and to achieve immortality.
I have a strong desire to not die and therefore wish to reach my best: the peak potential that my corporeal state can achieve, starting from here and working for the rest of my (hopefully extended) life.
And, as is the case with a lot of my goals, it feels like one of my primary drivers is “because it’s hard”. In short, I want to perfect the temple through exercise and diet just to prove (to myself, or others?) that I can. I want to be hyperfit.
I mean more than just regular healthy-levels — the kind of fitness that marathon runners have, or professional sports-people, or the kinds of people that cycle across Africa. Like, scary fit.
- I can play with Jules now and see him grow to adulthood
- To live long enough to achieve LEV (immortality)
- I can enjoy doing the things I like doing
- To enjoying trying all the things I’d like to try
- I have to consider my brain my biggest asset — it pays the bills — and a healthy body supports a healthy mind. There is no point practising relaxation and single-pointed focus if my body won’t support it, so now is the time.
- For the pure addictive challenge of self-improvement and biohacking
Okay, so I have my motivation down — how am I going to achieve it? Well, after a few years of experiments (see below), I’m currently settled on the following:
- Ketogenic diet
- Intermittent fasting (Bulletproof®)
- Cold thermogenesis (i.e. the Wim Hof Method)
- Organic, unprocessed & ethical goods and superfoods
- Daily Exercise: Running, martial-arts and the gym
- Hackers’ Diet experiments
- organic food
- protein (4HB)
- green tea
- artificial sweetners
- less dairy
- zero sugar
- zero alcohol
- zero softdrink
- zero caffeine
- zero fruit or juice
- zero starch
- zero gluten